Monday, November 4, 2013

Locks!

About this time last year I took a photography class. For each assignment we were required to do different things with photography. I did a lot of walking around in Provo and Orem, Utah taking pictures of whatever I could find. At the end of the semester I realized that no matter where I went or what the assignment was I always ended up taking pictures of locks. Something about them made them so photogenic. They are all individuals that have color and age and brand and character. They all interacted interestingly with their surroundings. They all reflect a certain personality. Some of the locks look like they're just "hanging out", others have a sense of duty towards what they are protecting or pride that they are able to protect it so well. I went back and collected all the locks and put them into a collection. This will be my first post since last year. I want to keep this blog updated with my most recent artwork, I plan on adding more posts soon. Also, my wife is getting tired of my artwork taking up our entire spare bedroom so I am in the process of digitizing all of my old artwork. I'll probably add some of that to the blog as well.


 Tough Guy


 Little Man, Big Ego


 Ski Junkies Hanging Out


 Big Headed


 The Protector


 Body Guard


 Nervous Wreck


Self Proclaimed Heavy Weight Champion

1 comment: